Services for Homeowners
As a homeowner, it stands to reason that you want to get the best possible result for your investment in your property. Caroline Dunn Design can help you achieve this. Although you will be paying a fee for my services, the savings you can achieve by being in control of your own design and specification should more than cover my fees, so you win every way.
Get exactly what you want
I will work with you to ensure you get exactly what you want, and as I’m not selling anything other than my time and knowledge, you can talk openly and honestly with me about your budget. My wide experience of kitchen and bathroom products and suppliers means that I can give totally impartial advice on how to best achieve your desired look within your price range, so you can go directly to the most appropriate suppliers, saving you lots of wasted time.
Having your own personal design pack also gives you time to study every aspect, so when you approach your chosen suppliers you already know exactly what your requirements are, enabling you to easily compare suppliers on a like-for-like basis. Your design pack can be given to as many suppliers as you would like, and as they haven’t spent hours working on a design for you, you will be in an excellent position to negotiate a good price.
If you are having an extension built, renovating or building a new property from scratch, using an independent designer in the early stages could be the best decision of your project. In these situations it is essential to plan early to ensure that the rooms will be capable of taking the design that you really want. When the room is already built, it is too late to realise that an island won’t fit, or that your builder should have provided drainage in the middle of the room.
If you get the design sorted out before the build starts, your builder will know exactly what is expected of him making his job much easier, and you can then take your time shopping around for exactly the right products. Many builders will also be happy to source products on their clients’ behalf from builders’ and plumbers’ merchants, often leading to quite substantial savings.
Best design for your budget
People who are on a tight budget, or who may be considering a DIY installation can also benefit from the services of an independent designer. I can advise on the most cost effective way to achieve your desired end result, and owning your design means that you are not tied to buying from a single supplier, meaning you can shop around to get the best prices. I can even create designs using some of your existing furniture and appliances if you aren’t able to change everything all at once.
The starting place for any client will be an initial chat by phone or email to discuss how I may be able to help with your project.
Within a 20 mile radius of Cheltenham I am more than happy to make a free, no obligation visit to you if you would prefer a face-to-face initial discussion.
No two projects are the same, so after discussing your specific requirements I will provide you with a detailed quotation of my service and fee for your project. The following guidelines may be helpful.
DESIGN WITH HOME VISIT CONSULTATION
- I will visit you in your home to chat about how I can help with your project. I will ask you lots of questions to get as much information as I possibly can, measure your room and take “before” pictures.
- I will then go away and work on my initial design ideas. These will be emailed to you for further discussion by telephone or email, when you will be free to ask me to make any revisions and changes.
- Based on our discussion a fully developed design with full colour 3D visuals will then be provided for your approval.
- When you are completely happy with the design I will email your personal design pack as a PDF document.
- For kitchens this will include a detailed dimensioned plan, elevations, colour visuals, worksurface drawing, detailed cabinet list and mood board of suggested appliances, accessories and finishes.
- For bathrooms it will include dimensioned plans, colour visuals, elevations, tiling layouts and product specification.
- This pack belongs to you, to copy and distribute to potential suppliers for quotation and to installers for fitting information. Please see below for samples of designs packs provided for existing customers.
Guideline price £1200 – £1800 per room *
DESIGN WITH HOME VISIT CONSULTATION AND DESIGN PRESENTATION
- As with the service above, I will visit you to take a design brief, but will also pay you a second visit to present my initial design proposals in person.
- This second visit gives us an opportunity to thoroughly talk through the design and to discuss alternative ideas, products and colour schemes.
- Once you are happy with the design, the completed design pack will be provided in PDF format as above.
- This service is good for clients who are initially unsure of their requirements and would like to have more input into the design schemes.
Guideline price £1400 – £2000 per room *
EMAIL DESIGN SERVICE
- Suitable for clients who are happy to provide their own measurements or who have architects drawings.
- A design brief form will be emailed for you to complete, and it is also helpful if you can supply photos.
- My initial design ideas with be emailed to you for discussion by telephone or email and a fully developed design with full colour 3D visuals will then be provided for your approval. When you are completely happy with the design I will provide a PDF design pack as above.
Guideline price £1000 – £1500 per room *
* The guideline fees above cover several initial outline design proposals, and development of the agreed layout with further small revisions. Substantial changes to the design brief could incur additional charges but this would be fully discussed with you. Consultation and presentation visits more than 30 miles from Cheltenham would be subject to an additional charge for travelling time and expenses.
Within 30 miles of Cheltenham
- For customers within (approximately) 30 miles of Cheltenham, I am able to add a sourcing service to the design options listed above.
- I will suggest appropriate suppliers for your design and budget, obtain quotations for your project, negotiate prices and help you to select where to place your order/s.
- I am also happy to obtain samples on your behalf and put together colour schemes.
- This is ideal for clients who don’t have the time or inclination to spend many hours shopping for their products.
Guideline price £1000 per room
Please note that it is absolutely essential that the person who will be installing the kitchen or bathroom thoroughly checks the design for dimensions and technical suitability before any orders are placed.
Within 30 miles of Cheltenham
If you would like a new kitchen or bathroom but want to hand the whole process over to someone to manage, I offer a full design, sourcing and project management service, where I will take responsibility for the entire project from design brief through to completion. This will include:-
- Facilitating and co-ordinating your orders for all products.
- Preparing an installation schedule.
- Confirming delivery dates with all suppliers.
- Co-ordinating the installation trades (kitchen/bathroom fitter, electrician, plasterer, etc).
- Providing installation notes and detailed drawings for tradesmen.
- Thoroughly briefing the installer on the design at commencement of installation.
- Supervising the templating of worktops.
- Regular site visits during installation.
- Snagging with client and installer, and signing off completed project.
Guideline price – 10-15% of total project cost (minimum fee £3000) plus design and sourcing fees as above